13th Annual Manga & Art Contests
Sponsored by HouseMart Ben Franklin Crafts/Ace Hardware
Location: Pilina Building-Student Center (View Festival Map)
Two categories: Manga or Traditional Art (Entries can be made in both categories)
Entry Form: Click here to download the form
Entry & Submission Criteria
- Contestants are Maui County residents.
- Completed hand drawn work (not computer generated) on paper.
- May not exceed 8-1/2” x 11”. (No frames or mounted pieces)
- All mediums are allowed – pencil, colored pencil, pen, etc.
- All Manga entries should depict a Manga/Anime character in a festival setting and all Traditional Art entries should depict a Japanese landscape theme.
- Each entry must have a completed official entry form, along with disclaimer form (parental signatures are required), taped to the back of the artwork to be accepted. Entries will not be accepted if the form is not completed as indicated with proper signatures.
- Entries will be accepted
- at the Queen Ka’ahumanu Center HouseMart Ben Franklin Craft Store, HouseMart Ace Hardware locations in Kihei, Pukalani, and Lahaina until April 30, 2017
- by mailing to Japanese Cultural Society of Maui, PO Box 5090, Kahului, HI 96733. Entries must be postmarked by April 30, 2017
- at the Manga & Art Exhibit at the Maui Matsuri festival between 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. (Pilina Building Student Lounge)
- Judging will begin promptly at 3:00 p.m. at the festival. Winners will be announced at the Entertainment Stage at 4:15 pm.
- First place winning artwork will be featured at the Ben Franklin Store at Queen Ka’ahumanu Center for a week after the event. These entries will be mailed back to the winning artist. All other artwork should be picked up at the exhibit area at 6:00 pm, or supply a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of artwork. Artwork will not be returned if an envelope is not provided.
- Submissions will be judged in three age divisions for both Manga style and Traditional Art categories: 3rd grade – 5th grade, 6th grade – 8th grade and 9th grade –12th grade.
The top three (3) winning contestants from each category and age division will be awarded a certificate and cash prizes. First place $75, second place $50, third place $25. More contest information call 283-9999.